Uses of Turmeric
also is known as golden spice. Turmeric has been popular in Indian culture from ages; the reason behind it is its benefits. Turmeric belongs to a ginger family, the roots of which are
Medicinal uses of Turmeric
- Turmeric helps in increasing the growth of new neurons and fight various degenerative process in your brain.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and helps to improve the endothelium, potent agents and antioxidants
. Itprevents cancer.
- It helps in preventing skin disease.
- Curcumin also helps against depression.
Benefits to skin
- Reduce redness: helps in reducing redness because it has anti-inflammatory.
- Fights acne: since it is natural antiseptic.
- Help in lightening skin tone: it helps to tone the skin since it has lightening properties.
- It also protects against skin ageing.
- It reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
With so much of uses, also there are some side effects of Turmeric,
- Eating turmeric in foods is safe during pregnancy, but not turmeric supplements.
- Turmeric might slow down blood clotting.
- Curcumin may decrease blood sugar.
- Consuming high amounts of turmeric which might affect iron absorption.
- Turmeric may decrease testosterone levels and sperm movement, that is to say, it can affect fertility.
- High consumption of turmerics might increase the production of stomach acid, which could be a problem for people with an ulcer.
How to make face pack of Turmeric?
- Add 1tsp of turmeric and 1tps rice flour and also 1 tsp of curd.
- Mix it and apply on your face and neck.
- Leave it for 20 min then wash your face with water.
Since rice will help in removing the dead cell whereas curd will help to moisturize the skin and tightening it. Since turmeric and other spices are commonly sold by weight and there are chances for powders of toxic or cheaper agents with a similar color to be added and that causes adulteration. Turmeric and curcumin, have been studied for various human diseases and conditions, but in conclusion, it has been negative.
To read our recent post, click here